· Assess the needs of each child assigned to their classroom list.
· Develops an IEP stating each child’s present level of functioning, objectives to meet each child’s needs, methods/materials used to meet those objectives, and procedures and schedules for determining when objectives are met.
· Manages the students within their classroom in order to assure a conducive learning environment that is safe and secure for all students.
· Develops and implements daily lesson plans that demonstrate how the IEP’s are being fulfilled on a daily basis.
· Organizes the classroom to be attractive and motivational for students’ learning.
· Instructs students in academic subjects as well as in daily living skills, to include, but not limited to, conflict resolution, hygiene, safety, and food preparation.
· Creates learning materials geared to each student’s ability and interest.
· Designs special help programs for low achievers and prepare instructional materials to meet individual needs of students, with focus on emotional and educational levels of development.
· Coordinates integration with the regular education program when the students can appropriately learn and achieve in the regular education classes.
· Observes, evaluates, and prepares reports on progress of students.
· Coordinates all the necessary supportive services to meet each student’s needs.
· Completes all required records especially keeping each student’s IEP updated on a continual basis.
****Follows all policies and procedures of the Darlington County School District.****